Sunday, 16 December 2012

Creating my first ancillary product


Creating my Ancillary
Here is a brief explanation as to how I made my ancillary magazine.
1. First off I began making a flat plan (which I will upload as a separate post). This would give me a rough idea as to where the characters would be, where my features would be etc. In making the flat plan I knew what kind of shots I needed when taking pictures on the green screen.
2. Next we went into the Mac Suite to use the green screen. Using the green screen would help me to easily delete the unwanted background from the picture later on. We used reflectors to help reflect light onto her face and make sure there was no shadowing which would ruin the picture. Once this was all set up I was able to take pictures with enough space around them in case they needed to be cropped down later on. I used midshots for my product as this is a typical shot for a front cover.
3. I then uploaded my pictures onto the computer. Using Photoshop enabled me to quickly delete the background with one tool. (magic eraser tool) I also changed the levels slightly to make sure my image looked high quality and ready for the front of my magazine.
4.Because I wanted to use a layered effect with my images (one star in foreground and then another just behind and other in background) I had to then change the size of each image so the one at the front was the biggest and the gradually got smaller. This gave the reader the impression that the person in the foreground was being watched over by the other two.
5.    I then carried on with the rest of my magazine. Using codes and conventions from previous soap magazines made it easy to know what to add. I added a masthead, features, background etc. I also added another image in the corner advertising another soap as this is another convention of soap magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment