Q2: How effective is the combination of you Main and Ancillary texts?
Throughout all of my products the main link is the use of representation that we created. We created these links through the likes of costume, storylines, character and location. We tried to mimic the representations of the characters in Made in Chelsea, use these representations and also develop on them.
Fonts:
Even the fonts play an important part in my products. For example I use the same font in my billboard for Mancunian Way as I do on the billboard. This creates brand identity and would be easily recognised by the audience. The font is called Edwardian Script and looks sophisticated which I thought would work well to represent the high status of the show. I also use a font on the trailer on the E4 purple tape which is the exact same font as is used on the actual E4 trailers. The fonts used in my marvellous magazine are just simply mimics of the ones used in my style model Fabulous. (Use print screens here)
Logo:
I have used the E4 logo on both my billboard and trailer, this clearly illustrates to the audience where my show is being shown from as it is instantly recognisable so there is no confusion.
I think I have conveyed well what the audience would want to see in my products. The main things they would want are expressed in my title cards at the end; here is how each one is shown in my trailer...
Romance: There is some slight romance in my trailer when Tarquin says ‘I want you to be be my girlfriend’ this is unfortunately ruined by the fact that he is playing three different girls. He also tells Sapphire ‘If it was up to me I wouldnt let you go’. The audience won’t mind that my trailer isn’t too lovey-dovey as they prefer shows that are scandalous, to those where everyone gets on. There are definitely a lot of love affairs in my trailer.
Excess: Excess eveything for a life with no limits. I think this is best portrayed through costume and location. By dressing in clothes which connote wealth e.g. fitted jackets, shirts etc we are able to symbolise the status and ‘excessive’ ammonts of money our stars have. The use of make up and grooming also pulls this off. The audience are interested to see how the other side live. By picking locations in Manchester that are known for being the richer areas connotes the lavish lifestyles the actors have.
Gossip: The fact that we are able to see Tarquin talking to all these different girls that don’t necersarily know about it will be very appealing to the udience. It’s like they have found out before anyone else and will enjoy talking about this with their friends (which will create brand reach as people will tweet about how shocked they are by whats happened).
Drama: Drama is shown well through my storyline. For example the fact that Sapphire is leaving is very dramatic, and the fact that Tarquin has slept with his best friend’s girlfriend! This is also conveyed well in my billboad. Everyone is staring at Tarquin and singling him out for being the love-rat.
Bitchiness: When Evangeline rings up Sapphire and says ‘you and Penelope really need to stop messing around with Tarquin... Because he’s my boyfriend’ certainly has an element of bitchiness. The fact that Evangeline has rung Sapphire and blamed her for the affairs rather than Tarquin is a typical girl thing to do and will be something my target audience can relate to.
This prezi goes on to further explain the links between my products...
No comments:
Post a Comment